Friday, August 21, 2009

Volatility City and the Dreads of Fridays

There's clearly some resistance around the 134.50 area for the EUR/JPY, as shown in the chart below.




The resistance has made itself known since the night before, so if I was more of a day trader, I could have taken at least some profit up at around the 134.20 level last night with the intention of buying back lower. Thanks to the intense volatility of the forex market in general, I could have taken profit at the resistance level around 7:00-8:00 pm EST last night and bought back again about 100 pips lower by midnight to 1:00 am, a few hours later. Would've, could've, should've... but I did not! and I have no regrets either. There is simply no time for regrets in this business. I am grateful for the profits I make and look forward to future trades. That's all.


So, right now, we're at the same resistance level and it's Friday! Dreadful Friday, with the uncertainty of an entire weekend looming ahead. I will wait out a few more hours before making any decisions on my existing trade with the EUR/JPY, but I am hopeful that it very well may break out to the upside and I can take some profit before the end of trading today.

No comments:

Post a Comment